JULY BEER CORNER NEWS
Rocky Reed’s wrap up!
* All items available while stocks last!
Not only are there plenty of new brews making their debut this week, but Hawaii’s longest established craft brewery, MAUI BREWING Co. has also landed at Craft! A little bit of Hawaii and one (or a few!) of these brews should round out your weekend quite nicely…
- Star Maps Kolsch 6.1% (Smog City Brewing collab) – Kolsch-style ale brewed with starfruit
- Bikini Blonde Lager 5.2%
- Pau Hana Pilsner 5.2%
- Pineapple Mana Wheat 5.5% – brewed with Maui Gold pineapple
- Big Swell IPA 6.8%
- Coconut Hiwa Porter 6%
UPCOMING MAUI BREWING LAUNCH & TASTING AT COORPAROO – FRIDAY 19TH JULY
Some kiwi brews from FUNK ESTATE have also hit our stores. Their Blood Orange Sour, IPA and Peach Tea IPA make a return to the shelves, along with some hazy newbies and a decadent dessert beer.
- Jungle Boogie Blood Orange Sour 5.3%
- Sophisticuffs IPA 6%
- Soul Train Peach Tea IPA 6.8%
- You’re my Boy Blue 6.7% (Moondog collab) 6.7% – Blueberry & Lemongrass Hazy IPA
- Electric Slide 7.8% – Imperial Hazy IPA
- Afrogato 7% – Coffee, Vanilla and Almond milk stout
We also have the first can release of a SITE Fermentation Project barrel-aged beer. Lapin (French for rabbit) celebrates the local cherry harvest. This foedre-aged sour blonde ale was re-fermented on 250kgs of Victorian Lapin Cherries for two months, before further conditioning in the can. A complex, tart and refreshing sour that will be on the tasting table at Red Hill on Saturday (12-1.30pm), so hop to it! Also being featured, Blonde Melange, Bourbon BA Rye Sour and La Juenesse. Don’t miss this one!
Auckland-based outfit URBANAUT BREWING CO. has landed at Craft. Urbanaut beer is designed to celebrate the city that inspired its creation…and embody the culture, the people and the atmosphere. We’ve nabbed a few uber cool beers from their diverse range, including a pocket-rocket brut lager in a throwdown can. Yes, even lager just got uber-sexy… as would be expected of a tribute to Miami!
- ‘Miami’ Brut Lager 5.5% (250ml can)
- ‘The Mission’ (San Francisco) APA 5.9%
- Gracia Kiwifruit Sour 5.2%
- ‘Bogota’ Espresso Scotch Ale 6.5%
Also, some new brews from previously featured Kiwi-compadre CHUR BREWING CO. What’s not to love about NZ hops and chocolate fish? (The confectionery ‘choc coated pink marshmallow’ kiwi-variety of course..!)
- ‘Finger Lickin Hops’ American IPA 6.2%
- ‘Hop Frolic’ Rye IPA 6.2%
- ‘Party Time, Excellent IPA’ 7.2%
- ‘Chocolate Fish’ Milk Stout 6.6% (People’s Choice Awards Winner – GABS Auckland 2017
And … Australian beer Royalty WILDFLOWER, producer of the Rolls Royce of wildest and most wonderful craft beer, has unveiled a very limited release of St Thomas 2018… and we have secured some!! An Australian Wild Ale re-fermented with 200kg of fresh, tree ripened morello cherries from Thornbrook Orchard in Orange, NSW. For the hardcore wild beer fanatics, click on link for full production and tasting notes…Introducing St Thomas 2018
OTHER NEW ARRIVALS from BALLISTIC… BATCH…CO CONSPIRATORS… DEEP CREEK … MR BANKS … AETHER … CASSEL’S… HIGHWATER… JESTER KING… MR BANKS… SLIPSTREAM… MIKKELLER… PLUS THE STONE METALLICA BEER “ENTER NIGHT” IS HERE!!!